Did you know that the brow and upper eyelid should both be evaluated when considering blepharoplasty? Many patients come in for upper blepharoplasty (cosmetic eyelid surgery) thinking that it will address their upper eyelid bags. However, what most don’t know is that the position of the outer brows often affects the upper lid fullness. When the outer brow falls, which is a normal change of aging, the upper lids become heavier.
While cosmetic eyelid surgery is a very common procedure these days, it is still very important to find an eyelid specialist who knows that the brow and upper eyelid should really be approached as one aesthetic unit in order to get the best results. Dr. Guy Massry is an oculoplastic surgeon who is internationally recognized for his unparalleled eyelid rejuvenation results. Below he has put together some keep points for patients to keep in mind before having upper blepharoplasty:
- Always ask about the brow. If the brow has drooped, blepharoplasty alone will make things worse (more corded appearance to the upper lids).
- This does not mean you need an outer brow lift – but surgery of the upper lids needs to be altered to accommodate the depressed outer brow.
- Don’t fear brow lifts. If done endoscopically and by an experienced surgeon, it’s less traumatic than the lid surgery.
- Outer brow lifts, also called temporal brow lifts, DO NOT MAKE YOU LOOK SURPRISED.
- An outer brow lift is done for support only.
- They limit the length of the upper lid incision so that it only includes the eyelid and the incision is hidden.
- An outer brow lift provides a natural arch to the brow (which was present in youth and will increase the beauty of the lid itself).
- Talk to a specialist about this – ONLY an experienced surgeon should perform an outer brow lift with upper blepharoplasty.
Before & After Outer Brow Lift with Upper Blepharoplasty
Below are three examples of patients who underwent upper blepharoplasty with an outer browlift for support.
Upper and lower blepharoplasty with outer brow lift.
Outer brow lift with upper and lower blepharoplasty with Dr. Massry.
Book Your Consultation Today!
If you are interested in learning if you are a candidate for upper blepharoplasty with an outer brow lift, please call our office today to schedule a consultation with Dr. Massry – 310-657-4302.
Dr. Massry customizes every surgery he performs to the needs of his patients so that the results are as beautiful as possible. This means that during your consultation with Dr. Massry not only will he evaluate your needs, but he will also listen to your anti-aging goals so he can exceed your expectations. We look forward to meeting you!