What to Expect Before Cosmetic Eyelid Surgery
Know What to Expect During a Consultation with Dr. Massry
If you’re considering blepharoplasty or other kinds of eyelid surgery (canthoplasty, ptosis repair, eyelid fat grafting, eyelid fat repositioning, etc.), it’s good to be prepared for your initial surgical consultation with Dr. Massry.
Be prepared to answer the following questions at your eyelid surgery consultation:
1. What are your surgical goals?
2. Have you had any prior surgeries?
3. Do you have any medical conditions or drug allergies?
4. Have you experienced any specific medical problems with your eyes? Have you received any treatment for these problems?
5. What are your current medications, including prescriptions, over-the-counter medicine, vitamins, herbal supplements, drug and alcohol use?
During your consultation, Dr. Massry will also:
• Examine your eyelids
• Take photographs
• Inform you of any potential risks of your surgery
• Develop a custom surgical plan
Dr. Massry will give you the information necessary to understand what procedures are appropriate for you.
Dr. Massry takes a very customized approach to cosmetic eyelid surgery, creating a surgical plan for each patient that is unique to the needs of their eyelids. No two sets of eyes are the same, and Dr. Massry uses his years of experience and expertise to provide each one of his patients with a tailored surgical plan to achieve a youthful and harmonious outcome.
Depending on which factors of aging, genetics or other circumstances are affecting the appearance of your eyelids, Dr. Massry will determine which treatments will best help you achieve your goals.
COVID-19 Safety Protocol
Due to safety protocols, only patients with scheduled appointments will be allowed in the office and surgical facilities during their appointments/surgery. When you arrive to the office or surgery center, we ask that you please wear a mask. All patients are required to take the PCR COVID Test 72 hours before your surgery and must present negative test results. All out of town visitors must take a COVID Test before traveling and again 72 hours before your surgery.