Ptosis surgery is a procedure that lifts an upper eyelid that has dropped. It is surgery on the elevating muscles of the eyelid (Mueller’s muscle or the Levator muscle/aponeurosis). This is very different than blepharoplasty surgery which is the more simplistic removal of variable amounts of skin, muscle and fat from the upper lids (typical cosmetic eyelid surgery).
Dr. Guy Massry is a Beverly Hills oculoplastic surgeon who specializes in ptosis repair surgery. Patients fly in from around the world to have surgery with Dr. Massry because he is internationally recognized for his ability to provide patients suffering from droopy upper eyelids with the best results possible.
With this basic framework in mind, Dr. Massry will tell you how to attain the best results to ptosis surgery:
1. Only have a qualified and experienced ptosis surgeon do your repair. This is always a board certified oculoplastic or ophthalmic plastic surgeon – the only surgeons with specialized ptosis training. Dr. Massry has this training and experience.
2. Have the correct surgery selected - ptosis repair, not a blepharoplasty. Dr. Massry will help you with this. Surgery can be performed from inside the eyelid (no skin cuts/scars) which requires no patient cooperation during surgery. Alternatively, it can also be performed through the skin (more complex and requires patient cooperation during surgery). To do it from inside of the eyelid (which most surgeons prefer as it is easier on patient and surgeon) some findings on examination must be present – Dr. Massry will identify this.
3. Make sure your surgeon has vast experience with ptosis surgery, as Dr. Massry does. Ptosis surgery complications can be troublesome, but you can avoid this by choosing a surgeon with extensive expertise in this area of surgery.
4. Make sure your surgeon has an aesthetic eye. In addition to his surgical techniques, Dr. Massry has an artistic eye to provide his patients with not only functional results, but also with fantastic aesthetic results.
5. Get the most out of your consultation. It is the time for you to ask a lot of questions and get a very thorough understanding of the procedure. You should leave feeling 100% comfortable and confident with your surgeon and the upcoming ptosis repair. Dr. Massry will spend as much time with you as necessary to make sure this is achieved. "The only bad question is the one not asked," Dr. Massry.
Schedule Your Ptosis Repair Consultation Today!
If you are experiencing droopy upper eyelids and are ready to learn more about your surgical options, please call us to schedule your consultation with Dr. Massry today - 310.657.4302!
More Information On Ptosis Repair: